Rooting your LG Optimus 4X HD P880, will result in a lot of advantages such as being able to install custom ROM’s such as the Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 and many other applications which need an access to your system files.Here in this tutorial, I will tell you how to root your LG Optimus 4X HD P880 easily.
LG Optimus 4X HD P880 runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which can be changed after the rooting process, or we will have to wait for the official update to Jelly Bean from LG.
Before Rooting Your LG Optimus 4X HD P880
How To Root LG Optimus 4X HD P880?
- Install the official LG USB Drivers from here, install on your computer.
- Download this kit which is very useful for rooting your LG Optimus 4X HD.
- Extract the root kit which you just downloaded and move the folder to “C:\04xr”
- Download the System Backup Test apk
- Make sure that you have enabled Mass Storage mode in your LG Optimus 4x HD P880 and connect your LG Optimus 4x HD to your PC using the USB chord provided by LG when you bought the phone and transfer the file to your Micro SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer. Then use some file manager downloaded from the Google Play Store to install the downloaded apk. Let this option be selected before doing that “Settings > Applications” and Unknown sources option is selected.
- Open the application that you just installed in the previous step.
- Restart Your LG Optimus 4X HD.
- Now you connect the phone to PC by USB cable with the option – “Charge Only”
- Open the command prompt by right clicking and clicking on the “Administrative Access”
- Type the following – cd C:\o4xr – then press enter.
- After typing the previous step, type – root – and press enter.
- Wait for the rooting process of your LG Optimus 4x HD to be completed.
- If the rooting of your LG Optimus 4x HD P880 was succesfully completed, you should see a text which says – C:\o4xr>.
- Your LG Optimus 4x HD P880 gets rebooted automatically.
- Remove the USB from the charging mode on your PC.
- Do not open the Back Up Test App but uninstall it.
- Open the Google Play Store and Search for “Super SU” and update/Install the application to your LG Optimus 4x HD P880 and then open it.
- Update SU binaries.
- Check if your LG Optimus 4x HD P880 is really rooted or not by using some Root Checking Apps on the Play Store available for free.
Gautham On Google+