Fix AirDrop Not Working: Hai friends, so many of users ask me to write an article on “How to Airdrop Not Working Errors between iPhone, iPad, and Mac Computers”. Finally, after doing so many experiments here I am writing some tips and trick to avoid Airdrop Not Working errors. Airdrop is an app which allows you peer to peer wireless transfer of files between iPhone, iPad and OS X devices.
- Note: The main Problem of Airdrop Not Working issues is all because of software update issues, so try to update your OS to the new version before Download and Install Airdrop on iPhone 6, 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 5s/4s – iOS 9/10/8 and Mac OS X.
Airdrop is one of the best apps to share files like Videos, Folders, Images and much. And the best part of this Airdrop app is, it saving tons of time while sharing files between iDevices. After reading this article you can troubleshoot Airdrop Not working issues on iPhone 6/6s, iPhone 7/7s, iPhone 4/5 on iOS 10+/9+/8+/7+ and Mac OS X. Airdriod is Airdrop alternative.
Pre-Requirements to avoid Airdrop Not Working Errors:
- Make sure Airdrop is compatible with your iDevice or not. Airdrop may not supports some of the iDevices like iPhone 4, 4s and iOS 5.1.1, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5, iOS 4.3.4 – iOS 4.3.5, iOS 4.2.9 – iOS 4.2.10, iOS 4.2.6 – iOS 4.2.8, iOS 4.3, iOS 4.3.3, iOS 4.2.1.
- Make sure both recipient and sender enabled Airdrop or not.
- Make Sure your Bluetooth and Wife works fine. (these playing main roles like Bluetooth is used to discover iDevices and WiFi used to transfer data in between iDevices like iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X).
# 5 useful Tips to Fix Airdrop Not Working on iOS 10+, 9+, 8+, 7+ iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X:
- Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi after that check for Networks. Again Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi after that Turn on both Bluetooth and Wifi. Do these for some time to work Airdrop without any issues.
- Force Restart your iDevices.
- Log out to iClound and again Log in.
- Update your iOS to Latest version available on your iDevice.
- Reset Networks. Go to “Settings” >> “General” >> “Reset” >> “Reset Network Settings”.
Steps to Fix Airdrop Not Working Errors on iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X:
# Check Whether Airdrop is Discoverable or Not:
Airdrop has three options like “Off”, “Contacts Only”, “Everyone” which allows your iDevice to discoverable to the bear iDevices.
- Off: Airdrop Off means which you simply hide your presence. No one can see you are on online. But you can transfer files in between with other Airdrop users.
- Contacts Only: The name itself describes. Only your contacts can see you when you are online. But both devices need to be signed to iCloud which need Apple ID to log in. This option very useful when you need privacy. You can avoid the unknown persons request to your Airdrop. This option is working to Fix Airdrop Not Working Error.
- Everyone: Here also the name itself describes everything, everyone can have access to your Airdrop. I recommend this option to all users to avoid the Airdrop Not Working issue.
To check Everyone option swipe the bottom edge screen to navigate to control center. There Tap on Airdrop after that tap on “Everyone” option like the below.
Try the above steps after that open Airdrop and check whether it is working or not, If it work’s then fine, otherwise read the below steps to fix Airdrop Not Working Mac
#Toggle Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Turned On:
Actually, when Airdrop is enabled your Bluetooth and Wifi Turned switched on. In some cases, they didn’t turn on due to software update issues. follow the below trick to fix Airdrop not working error.
- Swipe on the Bottom of your iDevice to navigate to Control Panel.
- Now Turn Bluetooth On and Off, Turn WiFi On and Off.
- After doing those steps again tap on the Bluetooth and WiFi to Turn ON.
Do try the above steps. If it worked then sounds great, if not keep read to Know Airdrop Not Working iOS 10+/9+/8+/7+.
# Reset You iDevice to Fix Airdrop Failed issue:
Sometimes like you are using you iDevice long time without shutting down. In that type of situations, you may face the Airdrop Failed issues. Then try to Reset your iDevice. Just simply Reboot your iPhone, iPad to Fix Airdrop Not Working on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac OS X.
After Rebooting check Airdrop Working or not. If not, proceed with the further steps to Fix Airdrop Not Working on el Capitan.
# Software Update to Fix Airdrop Errors While Preparing to Share:
Some of the iOS versions may not compatible with your Bluetooth. If you are facing airdrop errors while sending messages, that only because of Bluetooth connectivity Problem. If you are facing with that issue then Update your Software to the new version which available for your iDevice.
“Settings” >> “Software Update” >> If there is Update available then Tap on it.
After Updating the Software to new version check you Airdrop For Working without any issues.
# Fix Airdrop Not Working on iOS 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1.1, 10.1, iOS 10+:
>> Updated to iOS 10.2.1, 10.2, 10.1.1, 10.1
- AirDrop and Handoff weren’t working. Then Try the below steps to Fix Airdrop errors.
- Reset both PRAM and SMC.
- Still not working then do the below steps on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
- Turned off Bluetooth.
- Removed file: /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.
- Turned Bluetooth on.
- AirDrop is working now, Handoff is not.
- Signed out of iCloud on Mac.
- Signed out of iCloud on iPhone.
- Signed into iCloud on iPhone.
- Signed into iCloud on Mac.
It perfectly works. After reading the all above steps you can troubleshoot your Airdrop Not Working issues. If any of the above steps not working then try Airdrop alternatives like Share it, Airdroid etc.. I try my level to fix Airdrop Not Working issues. Thank’s for your patience. For more updates visit FixiOSDownloads.